Responsible for efficiently managing Aclara product development initiatives and deliveries, including serving as the primary coordinator for project issues, creating and managing project timelines and deliverables, providing status to Aclara’s management team, coordinating cross-functional teams and adhering to high communication and professional standards. Provide Program Management across Aclara departments to organize and execute the development projects of new products and systems solutions that meet customer and market requirements, while maintaining timeline and budget to reduce Aclara risk. Internal development initiatives include Aclara’s innovative enterprise AMI, Sensor and Meter products; including both software and hardware. Position must be able to work collaboratively with teams of Engineers, Product Managers, Operations, Software Developers, Sales, Quality Assurance, Customers and other Aclara resources
- Lead new product development initiative projects from start to finish, including:
- Develops and tracks to a project budget and target dates
- Develops and maintains the project schedule
- Regularly communicates status to Aclara leadership and Executive team
- Effectively manages all project communications
- Identifies and manages both risks and issues and escalates as appropriate
- Adheres to and enforces project processes, methodologies and program standards
- Manages scope change
- Creates regular status reports summarizing status of projects including financials, risks, mitigations, contingencies and impact to revenue and presents to senior management.
- Provide oversight and coordination with Engineering, Software, Operations, Test, Product Management and other Aclara organizations throughout the product development lifecycle including:
- Plans, organizes and monitors the completion of requirement definitions, functional specifications, product design specifications, design documents, and system and technical architecture definition.
- Coordinates the activities of engineering hardware, software and systems design teams in the development of Aclara’s products.
- Supports Product Management in orchestrating the definition of functional requirements, ensuring product-cost and project schedules meet market needs and understanding the project business case.
- Coordinates the product development, customer delivery team and test personnel during Alpha, Beta, First Article, Product and System Acceptance tests of new products and systems.
- Coordinates with the Product Management and Operations team to build a Commercialization plan for new products
- Works closely with Aclara managers and project teams to deliver successful on-time implementations.
- Provides a consolidated delivery across multiple project initiatives by ensuring consistency among deliverables, communication and approach.
- Thoroughly understands customer delivery requirements and revenue targets to guide decisions in order to achieve the desired outcome.
- Participate in various organizational initiatives including:
- Process and methodology development and improvement
- Template design and creation
- Internal projects that may relate to sales, customer support, training, or engineering
- Implementation of project management tools
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering, other relevant field.
- 7 +years of directly relevant experience managing the implementation of complex new product development with 4 years of Engineering project management.
- Strong organizational, analytical and project management skills combined with technical aptitude.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Highly skilled in project planning and project management.
- Results oriented, with exceptional team building and project management skills,
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint.
- Skilled at managing conflict and effectively working through to quick resolution.
- PMI/PMP Certification.
- Utility/energy industry experience, particularly related to AMI/metering systems.
- Willing and able to travel up to 40%.
Si estas interesad@ en esta oferta, envía tu CV a firstname.lastname@example.org indicando la Ref. de la oferta en el asunto del mensaje.